Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salimah A.D. (After Discovery Island)

First off, I have to say
ZODIACS ARE FUCKING AWESOME.
Now that we have that out of the way, I can proceed to tell you about my trip:
Discovery Island is this gorgeous place and everything seems to be in HD colour. I fully enjoyed taking naps in the meadow which thoroughly refreshed me and wandering down pathways in to more beautiful woodlands containing arbutses and other gorgeous trees which seemed to come out of a Dr. Seuss book. We also got to go and rip out invasive species like Ivy. The power I felt sawing down an English Hawthorne tree was awesome.
The pit cook on the last night was the best meal I've ever had. You have never eaten food unless some of it is freshly harvest camas (which was awesome and rewarding to harvest) and all of it has been cooked on a bunch of red hot rocks covered by sword ferns and tarp and more vegetation and rocks and left to be steamed in that whole structure for 4 hours while you nap and wait for the food. We also had bannak (sp?) which is the best bread ever and hollowed out oranges filled with cake mix that uses orange juice instead of water and cooked in foil in the pit. I just ate and I'm hungry again from describing this feast!
In returning to "civilization" I got to ride in the front of an RCMP boat. It was, like the Zodiac, FUCKING AWESOME.
I'm at Pearson College now and I'll be here until the 26th. The memories are rushing back and I love it. However, I am sleepy so on that, note, I will bid you Adieu.
Salimah

No comments:

Post a Comment